Just in time for the official Hitman release, and packed with new features and optimizations, AMD has released Radeon Software Crimson 16.3.
Version 16.3 Hotfix of the graphics drivers and software for Radeon cards has more than just a few bug fixes. Gamers will find anticipated performance optimizations for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War Ultimate Edition, as well as new and updated profiles for Hitman and The Park. Among many new features developers will find support for the revolutionary Vulkan API. Read on for details!
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for
- The Park
Performance and Quality improvements for
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™(2)
- Up to 16% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X Series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition(3)
- Up to 60% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
- Up to 44% on AMD Radeon™ R9 380 series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
Vulkan™ Support(1): Vulkan™ is the successor to OpenGL and a descendant of AMD’s Mantle. Vulkan™ is a powerful “low-overhead” graphics API that gives software developers deep control over the performance, efficiency, and capabilities of Radeon™ GPUs and multi-core CPUs. More information on Vulkan™ can be found at https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/.
Per-Game Display Scaling: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows per game Display Scaling to be set within the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab under “Profile Options”.
Language Menu: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows the end user to select their preferred language from a drop down menu under the “Preferences -> Language” tab.
Two Display Eyefinity: Two Display Eyefinity is now an available option under the Eyefinity tab in Radeon™ Settings.
AMD Crossfire™ Status Indicator: A new feature in Radeon™ Settings that allows users to toggle an AMD Crossfire™ status indicator on their screen when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Updated Social Links: New Social links are now available for Radeon™ Settings home page and have also updated based on geographical region.
Power Efficiency Toggle: A new feature introduced in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab for select AMD Radeon™ 300 series and AMD Radeon™ Fury X available under “Global Options”. This allows the user to disable some power efficiency optimizations.
AMD XConnect™ technology: This driver provides initial support for external GPU enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 300 Series GPUs are now supported over Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) connections. AMD XConnect™ technology additionally provides plug’n’play support and an integrated management interface. Base system must have BIOS support for external GPUs (e.g. Razer Blade Stealth).
- Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption (Fixed with new Power Efficiency feature toggled to off)
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition – Random freezes may be experienced during gameplay
- Ashes of the Singularity 2.0 Benchmark now supports DirectFlip
- XCOM 2 flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer
- League of Legends may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Rift may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience graphical corruption in some cinematics
- The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Star Wars Battlefront users may experience flicker in AMD Crossfire™ mode on battle and tutorial loading screens
- Star Wars Battlefront users may experience ground texture issues in certain locations on Survival Hoth missions
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 Hotfix Non-WHQL graphics drivers are now available for download from the AMD Download Center for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 32- and 64-bit systems, with support for Radeon FURY, Nano, 300, 200, HD 8500 – 8900 & HD 7700 – 7900 Series.