Are you slaying hordes of demons in the latest installment of DOOM? We’re happy to inform you that your experience, as creepy as this might sound, is about to get better with today’s release of AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 188.8.131.52.
Today’s hotfix release of new driver suite for Radeon owners is targeted especially to those of you enjoying id Software’s DOOM and having some framerate issues on R9 390-Series Radeons. New video driver will speed things up for you by up to 35% – that’s quite a few extra frames per second to get.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 184.108.40.206 Highlights
- Performance increase by up to 35% on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products in Doom™ versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2.
New Crimson drivers 220.127.116.11 also include all the benefits and fixes from the 16.5.2 version issued few days ago by AMD. In case you’ve missed that release, here’s what they brought
- Radeon Settings may sometimes suggest upgrading to an older driver revision when using the new driver notification feature.
- Frame Rate Target Control may not keep the users previous settings when disabled.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire™ technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the” Gaming, Global Options” tab in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
- Radeon Settings launch with Eyefinity profiles may sometimes not take effect after system has been rebooted for profiled games.
- Some characters or game areas are rendered very dark in Hitman™ using AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Restore factory defaults may occasionally not work for the “Display” tab in Radeon Settings.
- The power efficiency toggle in Radeon Settings may be available to some unsupported system configurations.
- The text in Radeon Settings drop down menus may sometimes get cut off when in windowed mode with some Windows DPI scaling settings.
- League of Legends users may experience minor graphical corruption when using AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Star Wars™: Battlefront users may see corrupted ground textures in the Survival of Hoth mission.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 18.104.22.168 graphics drivers are now available for download from the AMD Download Center for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 32- and 64-bit systems, with support for Radeon FURY, Nano, 300, 200, HD 8500 – 8900 & HD 7700 – 7900 Series.