Another release of Radeon Software Crimson Edition, marked as 16.4.2, fixes lots of bugs – the nasty ones, and some that you haven’t even been aware of.
The goal of the Radeon Technology Group to further improve the stability and reliability of Radeon graphics driver pack is evident in today’s new release. Let’s jump right into details.
Updated or New Crossfire Profiles available for:
- Need for Speed™
AMD Xconnect™ technology: This driver provides full support for Thunderbolt™ 3 eGFX enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 Fury, Nano or 300 Series GPUs. This driver also provides plug’n’play simplicity, plus an integrated management interface for such devices.(1)
- The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- DOTA2™ toggling between borderless fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen can sometimes cause flickering or corruption when in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Some DirectX® 9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode through Radeon Settings.
- GPU clocks on some products may remain in high states after recovering from an application crash.
- A small subset of AMD Radeon™ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds.
- The check for software updates feature in Radeon Settings may not find the latest available update.
- Some games may fail to show up in Radeon Settings gaming tab.
- The Radeon Settings option may sometimes disappear as a shortcut from the right-click context menu on desktop after a software upgrade.
- Steam®VR Performance Test may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Stuttering or corruption observed while playing Fallout 4™ on some graphics products in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Corruption in Hitman™ when using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Stuttering or freezing in some loading scenes while playing Hitman™ using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Negative scaling seen on Hitman™ when using AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 graphics drivers are now available for download from the AMD Download Center for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 32- and 64-bit systems, with support for Radeon FURY, Nano, 300, 200, HD 8500 – 8900 & HD 7700 – 7900 Series.