AMD continues to polish Radeon Software Crimson Edition drivers with today’s minor release. It’s for you, Hitman fan, and for you, furious street racer.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 is mostly a bugfix release, but there’s a room for some game optimizations as well. Hitman CrossFire profile has been updated for better multi-GPU scaling, and the drivers also include support for Need For Speed – newest edition of the hit racing series from EA, now hitting PC’s globally. You might also find the issue that’s been pestering you is now resolved – read on for details!
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for:
- Need for Speed™
- Installed or played games sometimes do not show up in the Radeon™ Settings “Gaming” tab.
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer.
- Intermittent hang sometimes experienced on UE4 applications.
- Black screen or possible hang after launching Oculus Video Application.
- DirectX®12 application frame rates are no longer locked to the refresh rate of the display panel.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”
- FFXIV can experience black screen or application hang
- The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Rift® may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync.
- Plants vs Zombies™: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- Hitman™ may experience poor AMD Crossfire™ scaling when “Super Sampling” is set to 1.5x.
- Need for Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 graphics drivers are now available for download from the AMD Download Center for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 32- and 64-bit systems, with support for Radeon FURY, Nano, 300, 200, HD 8500 – 8900 & HD 7700 – 7900 Series.